Monday, July 9, 2012

House of Chanel ❦

Lately, I've been obsessed with Designer handbags. Designer handbags are an investment, let's get that straight. They cost a fortune which a lot of people can't afford. But the quality of Forever 21's $25 bags to Louis Vuitton's $1500 is just as much as its price. The durability of Designer handbags will last you forever, and I mean that. You can definitely pass it on to your kids and probably to their kids, as well.

And in line with this, I would say one of my favorite luxury brand would have to be Chanel. I know that almost all designer handbags are sophisticated and very classy but the big difference that I really like, is that Chanel adds a little girly touch to their bags. It's very girly-vintage, if that makes sense. It's probably just me though, but if you feel the same way then kudos to you!

For the past few days, I've been searching around the internet and watching YouTube videos on reviews, unboxing and prices of Chanel handbags. I heard they do price hikes every so often, which is insane because they're already expensive enough but for some reason, people just keep coming back to Chanel. Anyways, I've been doing all those research simply because I want one. I've never had a Chanel bag and soon (hopefully) I'll be purchasing my first one. I'm quite torn between the Petite Shopping Tote and the M/L flap (or the Jumbo flap) although, I'm very certain to be getting it in Caviar leather simply because it's said to be sturdier and less prone to scratches or imprints and the likes. I've always wanted the Lambskin though but it's such a high maintenance leather, it's very prone to stains and dirt and it's like you always have to look after it and seriously, if you're going to invest on a Designer Handbag, you better be sure you'll get your money's worth, so I've fully decided on the Caviar. Now with the color, I've always been fond of White/Beige bags, so I thought it won't be so hard of a decision until I've once again had the "it's an investment bag" so now, I'm having second thoughts with my preferred choice of color. I feel like Black is always a staple color and it's an essential to own a Black bag. And since again, this bag is something that will cost me fortune and will leave me making every cent important, I need to think twice with the colors. I guess it helps to think that since I'm getting the Caviar leather (and I do prefer the Lambskin) White/Beige will make the pebbly look of the Caviar less noticeable in oppose to getting the Black, which is extremely seen :) 

Anyways, below I have another board which I made that consists of the two Chanel bags I'm opting. The color choices I have are also posted. I need your opinions on this, so send me a review or tweet me what you think! :) 


* I don't take any credit for the pictures used, I found them on the internet. They belong to their owners, respectively.